The Holy Prophet of Islam and Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) was born on 12 Rabi-ul-Awwal . His birth took place in Makkah on a Monday in the house known as Dar Al-Mawlid, in the year of the Elephant, which corresponds to 571 C.E. Both his father, Abdullah Ibn Abdul Muttalib, and mother, Amina Bint Wahab, were well-known individuals. The Holy Prophet never knew his father, who had died in the months before his birth. It was left to his grandfather to name him Muhammad (s.a.w.). It is incumbent upon Muslims to know the importance of this noble Prophet (pbuh) and to abide by the Quran, which was revealed to him.
Rabi’ul-Awwal is the most significant month in the Islamic history, because humanity has been blessed in this month by the birth of the Holy Prophet Muhammad , Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam. Before the birth of the Holy Prophet, (Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam), not only the Arabian peninsula, but also the so-called civilized nations of Rome and Persia were drowned in the darkness of ignorance, superstitions, oppression and unrest. The Holy Prophet, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, came with the eternal truth of Tawhid (Oneness of Allah), the only faith which provides a firm basis for the real concepts of knowledge, equity and peace. It was this faith which delivered humanity from ignorance and superstitions and spread the light of true knowledge all over the world.
1) Shereh Bukhari Imam Ahmad Qistalaani (radi Allahu anhu) states in his most distinguished work “Mustataab Mawahibul Laduniyah” that Hazrat Imam Zainul Aabideen (radi Allahu anhu) narrated from His father Hazrat Imam Hussain (radi Allahu anhu) who narrated from His father Hazrat Ali Mushkil Kusha (radi Allahu anhu) that the Beloved Prophet (Sall Allaho Alaihi Wa Sallam) has stated,” 14000 years before the creation of Hazrat Adam (Alaihis Salaam) I was a Noor by my creator.”
2) Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddique (radi Allahu anhu) says, “Whosoever spends one dirham on the birthday (Moulood) of the Prophet (sall Allaho alaihi wasallam), he will be with me in Jannat.” (An Ne’matul Kubra)
3) The Beloved Prophet Hazrat Muhammad Mustafa Salla Allahu ta’ala ‘alayhi wa Sallam celebrated his own Milad by having fast. When the Beloved Prophet Muhammad Salla Allahu ta’ala ‘alayhi wa Sallam was asked about the fast of Monday. He Salla Allahu ta’ala ‘alayhi wa Sallam said: “I took birth and the Quran was revealed upon me in this day.” (Mishkat Sharif, Page 179)
4) The blessed and distinguished Sahabi-e-Rasool Hazrat Abu Hurairah (radi Allahu anhu) states, “When the beloved Prophet (Sall Allaho Alaihi Wa Sallam) used to smile then the walls would glow with his Noor.” (Mawahibul Laduniyah pg 271 vol 1, Anwaarul Muhammadiya pg 133, Shifa Shareef pg 39, Hashia Shamail Tirmizi pg 16, Shara Shifa Mulla Ali Qaari, Madarijun Nabuiwat (Persian) pg 12, Hujatullahi Alal Alameen pg 689)
5)Hadrat Abdullah Ibn Abbas Radi Allahu anhu reported that one day at his home he was discussing with others the events of the birth of our beloved Prophet Sayyedina Muhammad Mustufa Salla Allahu ta’ala ‘alayhi wa Sallam and the listeners were enhanced by what they heard, they thanked Allah Subhanahu wa Ta’ala and sent Durood upon our Beloved Prophet Sayyedina Muhammad Mustufa Salla Allahu ta’ala ‘alayhi wa Sallam. t that moment our Beloved Prophet S! ayyedina Muhammad Mustufa Salla Allahu ta’ala ‘alayhi wa Sallam came, to them suddenly and said to them, ” My Intercession for you is made accepted” (Kitabul- Tanweer, p25)
6) It is reported in Tirmizi Shareef that the Prophet (sall Allaho alaihi wasallam) was great in eyes and grand in heart. His face was brilliant, shining like a full moon and was brightly coloured. His forehead was broad, wide and the beard was thick.”
7) It is on the authority of Hazrat Abu Moosa Ash’ari (radi Allahu anhu) that the Prophet (sall Allaho alaihi wasallam) said, “I am Muhammad and Ahmed and I am the one who came after all the Prophets (Khaatimun Nabiyeen) and I am the one who will give Hashr to the creation (in other words all will be present before the Prophet (sall Allaho alaihi wasallam) on Maidaan-e-Hashr) and I am the Prophet of Mercy.” (Musnad Imam Ahmed – Muslim)
8) Hazrat Abi bin Ka’ab (radi Allahu anhu) reports that the Prophet (sall Allaho alaihi wasallam) said, “On the day of Qiyamaah I will be the Leader and Khatib of all the Ambia (Alaihimus Salaam) and I will be the master of their intercession and I do not say this out of pride.”
9) Hazrat Abdullah ibn Ka’ab (radi Allahu anhu) narrated: “I heard Kaab bin Maalik (radi Allahu anhu) talking about his failure to join (the Ghazwa of) Tabuk. He said, “When I greeted Allah’s Nabi (sall Allaho alaihi wasallam) , his face was glittering with happiness, for whenever Allah’s Messenger (sall Allaho alaihi wasallam) was happy, his (blessed) face used to glitter, as if it was a piece of the moon, and we used to recognise (his happiness) from his face.” (Bukhari)
10) Hazrat Ali Radi Allahu anhu says, “Whosoever respects the Meelad Shareef and is a means of motivating a Meelad gathering, He will take from this world the gift of Imaan and He will enter Jannat without any questioning.” (An Ne’matul Kubra)